List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Something is not quite right......
From:       C <smaug42 () opensuse ! org>
Date:       2013-07-23 14:56:15

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
> But it's getting these damn dependency errors when some updates need to be
> done and the choices one is given asking what one wants to do to overcome
> these errors are the mind-boglers :-( . In some cases option (X+1) is the
> exact same as option (X) - more weirdness :-( .

The dependency errors are often linked to branched code.  You take an
app in github or wherever, branch it to work on the next release,
build on both the trunk and the branch.. then even if that particular
bit wasn't changed (codewise) it still gets a new build number.  YaST
sees it as a different/lower version because the build number is
different... bingo bango, you have a downgrade required when it's
actually the same code.

That's not always the case... but I've seen it often enough to guess
that this is a good portion of the issues with adding Factory and
updating.

C.
--
openSUSE 12.3 x86_64, KDE 4.10