List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Something is not quite right......
From:       Basil Chupin <blchupin () iinet ! net ! au>
Date:       2013-07-23 13:28:47

On 23/07/13 19:29, C wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 9:13 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
>> Thank you for this and it 'fixed' 2 of the errors.
>>
>> But <GROAN :'( > trying to do updates a few minutes ago produced this-
>>
>>   http://susepaste.org/67319439
>>
>> The runtime error is still there but now there are others.
>>
>> When will it all stop? :-)
> Hehe, when you stop using the KDE Factory repo :-)  I ran into similar
> issues with KDE Factory... rolled back to default for 12.3 so I had a
> working desktop again.

Well, the desktop seems to be OK and I haven't struck any problems with
the apps I normally run.

But it's getting these damn dependency errors when some updates need to
be done and the choices one is given asking what one wants to do to
overcome these errors are the mind-boglers :-( . In some cases option
(X+1) is the exact same as option (X) - more weirdness :-( .

The other thing is that these errors come up when I use YaST but zypper
most of the time does not display these errors - it just 'tells' me that
such and such files will not be updated. Most confusing.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.3, KDE 4.11.0 & kernel 3.10.1-3 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor