List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: openSUSE KDE team (was Re: [opensuse-kde] Missing package/update in KDF)
From:       Will Stephenson <wstephenson () suse ! de>
Date:       2012-09-20 15:29:24

On Tuesday 18 Sep 2012 23:47:49 Markus wrote:
> > Meaning that every casual non-KDE fanboy user - including my mother -
> > would
> > be burdened with 500 megs of updates
>
> The size can (and should) be significantly reduced by blocking rebuilding
> artwork packages. No need to ship unchanged wallpapers and icons.

AFAIK the problem is that we package tarballs of artwork and icon packages
that have new version numbers, and that's enough to make the package differ.
We could just diff the package contents and not update those packages at all.

WIll

--
Will Stephenson, openSUSE Board, Booster, KDE Developer
(AG Nürnberg)