List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: openSUSE KDE team (was Re: [opensuse-kde] Missing package/update in KDF)
From:       Luca Beltrame <einar () heavensinferno ! net>
Date:       2012-09-18 15:06:30

In data marted́ 18 settembre 2012 16:56:37, Martin Schlander ha scritto:

> Does that imply you also want to ship KRxx as official updates to the
> distribution?

I don't think it would be a wise choice. For updates I would not use anything
else than the official update channel.

> Or does it mean you don't want to have a place to test official KDE patches
> at all?

Isn't that a place for KDF?

> Maybe with the staging stuff o:F will become less painful - but currently
> you need to be a real masochist to use o:F for 5-6 months of the 8 month

Such people are plenty around. ;)

> I think Will's proposal (always summer in KDF, branch to KDS when o:F
> freezes) did that very well.

As I said before, only (possibly) hard numbers will tell us more about the
state of KDS.

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
KDE Science supporter