List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Re: kalarm for kdepim46 crashes
From:       Køi¹tof_®elechovski <giecrilj () stegny ! 2a ! pl>
Date:       2011-02-13 11:39:50

Dnia niedziela, 13 lutego 2011 o 11:02:37 Raymond Wooninck napisa³(a):
> On Saturday 12 February 2011 23:44:04 David Jarvie wrote:
> > > Sorry, I didn't read your original post properly. I see that it does
> > > state that you're using kdepim 4.6, so it looks like it probably IS
> > > building kalarm to use Akonadi. Which is a very wrong thing to do
> Hi David,
>
> The standard for the upcoming openSUSE 11.4 is to take the non-akonadi based
> KDEPIM (which I believe is 4.4.10). However in order to facilitate testing of
> the newer KDEPIM 4.6 version for those that are willing to take the risk, we
> provide a separate KDEPIM46 repo which is build against 4.6 itself.

openSuSE 11.3 came with Akonadi-based PIM, and it failed to properly import/configure \
KAddressBook data.  The maintainers of PIM said that such portability is not a \
priority.  Are we now on the road back?  I suspect it is not going to be any less \
bumpy.

This is not to say I like the Akonadi-based solution.  The idea makes sense, but the \
present state is not reliable enough.

Worried,
Chris