List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Re: kalarm for kdepim46 crashes
From:       Raymond Wooninck <tittiatcoke () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-02-13 10:02:37

On Saturday 12 February 2011 23:44:04 David Jarvie wrote:
> > Sorry, I didn't read your original post properly. I see that it does
> > state that you're using kdepim 4.6, so it looks like it probably IS
> > building kalarm to use Akonadi. Which is a very wrong thing to do
Hi David,

The standard for the upcoming openSUSE 11.4 is to take the non-akonadi based
KDEPIM (which I believe is 4.4.10). However in order to facilitate testing of
the newer KDEPIM 4.6 version for those that are willing to take the risk, we
provide a separate KDEPIM46 repo which is build against 4.6 itself.

I guess that Stefan took the risk and enabled the KDEPIM46 repo, which is on a
weekly basis updated from KDEPIM and KDEPIM-runtime git (master branch). It is
an updated Akonadi-runtime and builds against KDEPIMLIBS 4.6.0.

> And I now see that the build file for 4.6 actually does erroneously build
> the Akonadi version by default, which is not what I thought it did. This is
> now fixed in the KDE repository, but it will take time to reach the
> openSUSE packages.

As indicated the standard KDE 4.6.0 packages do not include the KDEPIM 4.6
pack, so I will update now the special repository so that the users there
would have this update.

Regards
Raymond
openSUSE KDE Community team member.