List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Move windows by dragging contents
From:       Karsten =?iso-8859-1?q?K=F6nig?= <remur () gmx ! net>
Date:       2011-01-20 18:56:59

Am Donnerstag, 20. Januar 2011, 15:12:09 schrieb Alvin Beach:
> On January 20, 2011 9:59:19 am Martin Schlander wrote:
> > Torsdag den 20. januar 2011 14:36:49 skrev Will Stephenson:
> > [snip]
> >
> > It's the same behaviour as OSX afaik, and we all know that everything
> > Apple do is perfect in every way ;-)
> >
> > Joking aside, I don't see how this feature can do any harm, and for a lot
> > of people it's an usability improvement - i.e. they don't have to be so
> > precise on the mouse and don't need to understand the difference between
> > windeco and window background in order to drag stuff.
> >
> > I'm fairly indifferent, with a slight leaning towards keeping the feature
> > enabled - and thus sticking to the upstream default.
>
> FWIW, the reason I wanted to disable it was that I was often moving windows
> around when I just wanted to resize the panes inside a window. This happens
> if I do not precisely drag the divider (between two panes) but rather a
> few pixels above the divider. What happens in this case is that the whole
> window moves (often un-maximises and moves). Personally, I found it
> frustrating.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alvin

I haven't noticed that until now, but I agree this is irritating, especially
when one doesn't know to just move the window to the top to fullscreen it once
more.

I always use alt + drag to move a window, as a windows user I would only find
it by accident, the established move window workflow is the top bar =/

Do any of you longtime users really drag windows around by finding an
background of the window instead of using alt+drag?

Karsten