List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Using Google calendar with KOrganizer
From:       Vojtěch_Zeisek <Vojtech.Zeisek () opensuse ! org>
Date:       2010-09-27 16:44:50

Hi

Dne Po 27. září 2010 11:01:42 Will Stephenson napsal(a):
> On Monday 27 September 2010 17:34:32 Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Dne Po 27. září 2010 10:25:16 Malte Gell napsal(a):
> > > Hi there,
> > >
> > > Google allows to export the calendar with an *.ics URL so you can
> > > access the Google calendar with other applications like KOrganizer.
> > > Unfortunately the remote *.ics file is read only, so you cannot add an
> > > item in KOrganizer and write it back to Google.
> > >
> > > Is there a way to change this to edit the Google calendar locally in
> > > KOrganizer and upload it to Google?
> >
> > You can set Akonadi Calendar Resource Google Calendar (press alt+f2 and
> > type akonadi and choose Akonadi Settings, add Akonadi resource for Google
> > Calendar and make it default).
> > I use KDE 4.4 and it more or less works, but I'm not very satisfied. For
> > example when I add whole day event in Google or Android smartphone, it is
> > shown as 2 days event in KOrganizer... And updates from KOrganizer to
> > Google are not very relibale too... Well, I have to say I think about
> > mooving to Evolution. at least until KDE PIM 2 is available as official
> > part of openSUSE...
>
> The package containing this is akonadi-googledata.

It is not in standard repository, search in OBS...

> Vojtech, did you have any problems logging in with this? My Google account
> is @gmail.com and it never accepts my password.

I add only username (without @gmail.com) and it accepts it, but sometimes asks
about the password again in several days... No idea why... Once I asked about
Google and Akonadi at KDE Linux mailing list and very long respond said that
I'm using too old version and it will be working fine in the future... :-/

> You should report the 'whole day event' bug if not yet know.  It should be
> easy to fix.

There were similar issues, but not exactly this, so I reported it.

> Will
>
> --
> Will Stephenson, KDE Developer, openSUSE Boosters Team
> SUSE LINUX Products GmbH - Nürnberg - AG Nürnberg - HRB 16746 - GF: Markus
> Rex

Best regards,
--
Vojtěch Zeisek