List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Using Google calendar with KOrganizer
From:       Will Stephenson <wstephenson () suse ! de>
Date:       2010-09-27 16:01:42

On Monday 27 September 2010 17:34:32 Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
> Hi
>
> Dne Po 27. září 2010 10:25:16 Malte Gell napsal(a):
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Google allows to export the calendar with an *.ics URL so you can access
> > the Google calendar with other applications like KOrganizer.
> > Unfortunately the remote *.ics file is read only, so you cannot add an
> > item in KOrganizer and write it back to Google.
> >
> > Is there a way to change this to edit the Google calendar locally in
> > KOrganizer and upload it to Google?
>
> You can set Akonadi Calendar Resource Google Calendar (press alt+f2 and
> type akonadi and choose Akonadi Settings, add Akonadi resource for Google
> Calendar and make it default).
> I use KDE 4.4 and it more or less works, but I'm not very satisfied. For
> example when I add whole day event in Google or Android smartphone, it is
> shown as 2 days event in KOrganizer... And updates from KOrganizer to
> Google are not very relibale too... Well, I have to say I think about
> mooving to Evolution. at least until KDE PIM 2 is available as official
> part of openSUSE...

The package containing this is akonadi-googledata.

Vojtech, did you have any problems logging in with this? My Google account is
@gmail.com and it never accepts my password.

You should report the 'whole day event' bug if not yet know.  It should be
easy to fix.

Will

--
Will Stephenson, KDE Developer, openSUSE Boosters Team