List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Re: [opensuse] Upgrading KDE4.1
From:       Alvise Cavallari <public () alvise ! ch>
Date:       2010-09-24 13:53:27

> > Sure 4.5 has many improvements over 4.4, but it also has regressions, and
> > using 4.5 additionally introduces a number of substantial risks of packaging
> > issues and user errors wrt. updating and repo configuration.

I have switched to 4.5 on oS11.3 since it was released, and can confirm that the \
global advantages vs drawback ratio is pretty positive. In particular the increase of \
speed and responsiveness is incredible. On the contrary the major problems I \
                encountered:
- Visual effects need to be turned off with intel driver (crashes xorg)
- Plasma settings from 4.4 did not work so I removed plasmarc and then recreated \
                plasma settings