List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [suse-kde] Various KDE 3.2.3 bugs
From:       Colin Pinkney <suse-kde () cpinkney ! org ! uk>
Date:       2004-06-29 20:10:11

On Tuesday 29 Jun 2004 19:54, Colin Pinkney wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 Jun 2004 08:12, Andrew Colvin wrote:
> > 3.  I have this problem with the dialog that pops up for konq when it
> > wants access to the wallet.  I thought the last patch was meant to fix it
> > and yes it did for about a week.  Sorry can't be any more use.  I suggest
> > that you reset many of the settings.  I remember that I had many of these
> > sort of issues when I went kde 3.1->3.2 - in the end I renamed my .kde
> > directory and got a whole new one.  I then copied settings across for the
> > minimum number of applications (kmail, addressbook, bookmarks, kopete).
>
> Yeah, I may have to do something like that. I think I'll create a new user
> and see what that gets since there's also lots of cached settings in other
> directories too it seems.

Aha! Finally found the setting that had got messed up. It's the 'Focus
Stealing Prevention Level' setting under Desktop->Window
Behaviour->Advanced . I never touched it, but somehow it got set to High,
when I like Normal.

And I was worrying that KDE was developing a Windows like cruft. Phew.

--
Colin Pinkney
http://www.cpinkney.org.uk