List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [suse-kde] kdm
From:       BandiPat <penguin0601 () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2004-06-29 19:21:34

On Tuesday 29 June 2004 07:36 am, Oliver Leue wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 29. Juni 2004 13:14 schrieb hg@schnupus.de:
> > I cannot log in into KDE any more. All I get is KDM showing the
> > accounts but it is not possible to enter the passwords in the
> > appropriate field. There is definetely no problem with the keyboard
> > as it is possible to fill-in the account field with the use of the
> > keyboard.
>
> Maybe you setup kde to not show any stars on the pw-field.
> Did you check if you can login after you've input the pw also if you
> can't see anything?
>
> Klick on the icon for the user you want to login with or write the
> username in the userfield. Then write the pw in the pw-field and
> ignore that you can't see anything and klick to login or hit return.
>
> If this works you can change the setup in kde-controlcenter as root
> for the system in usersettings.
>
> --
>
> gruß
>
> Oliver
=========

I'll add just a bit to these other good suggestions, to say if you are
sure you are not getting any input from the keyboard, then quite likely
it's an X config problem.  If there is not input, then ctrl-alt-f1 to
the terminal, log in as root, type init 3 (if the keyboard is working),
enter, then run sax2 making sure your mouse and keyboard are correctly
configured, back to the prompt and type init 5, enter, to get back to
the login screen.

Lee
	Registered Linux User #225206
 On any other day, that might seem strange...