List:       suse-kde
Subject:    [suse-kde] drives:/ folder is no longer accessible
From:       bjolinx <bjolinx () yahoo ! de>
Date:       2004-06-23 21:25:12

(this is a newby question)

Hi to all linux-fans out there,

somehow I managed to break a part of my kde configuration: since a couple of
days I am no longer able to access the drives:/-URL which is linked with the
"Arbeitsplatz"-Icon (I don't know how this Icon is named in english versions
- desktop?).
If I try to open my "Arbeitsplatz" a shell-Window pops up and disappears
instantly. Thereafter a Konqueror-window opens with the error message
"Beim Laden von drives:/ ist folgender Fehler aufgetreten: Die Übermittlung
von Daten aus drives ist leider nicht möglich."
(~ following error occured while accessing drives:/ : transmission of data
from drives:/ was not possible)

It has to do with my personal kde-configuration as the same drives:/-folder of
a secondary account of mine (which I never reconfigured after installation)
is working fine. So I don't believe that I messed up some global system
settings.

I tried to figure things out by comparing (diff) the .kde/share/config
contents of both accounts, but nothing caught my eye.
As I am (very!) new to linux I am not familiar with the KIO_things of life...
and I wasn't able yet to make sense out of the information I got from google.

As I did some lengthly customizing of my kde (ok... most of it had to do with
colors, fonts and the like...) I dislike the thought of throwing it all away.
So I would appreciate any suggestion.

many thanks and viele Grüße
Bernd Johannes