List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [suse-kde] Export kdm to remote termnial?
From:       Leendert Meyer <leen.meyer () home ! nl>
Date:       2003-04-23 15:10:40

On Tuesday 22 April 2003 09:36, Torsten Foertsch wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 April 2003 00:27, VANTASSLE, GEORDON M (SBCSI) wrote:
> > > in kdmrc change
> > > [Xdmcp]
> > > Enable=false
> >
> > Ok, I did that, but I'm still not able to get it to "work" right.  Any
> > other ideas?  Or, pointers to documentation?  (I'm not afraid to RTFM, if
> > I can find it in the first place!)
>
> Sorry, I have not followed this thread from beginning but have you modified
> /etc/opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc or /opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc?
> Suse use /etc/opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc.
>
> BTW, on suse linux perhaps the "right way" is to modify
> /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager and let 'SuSEconfig --module xdm' make the
> actual changes.

Yes, indeed ;-)

Gordon: If you have a firewall running, try to connect with the firewall off.
If you're successfull, turn the firewall on again, and set the firewall
logging to on. Now try to connect again. Good chance you fail, but check the
logs, they will tell you what ports to open. I think udp:177 (xdmcp) and
tcp:6000-6063 (X11).

Cheers,

Leen