List:       suse-kde
Subject:    [suse-kde] Background problem after disabling icons
From:       Kaustuv moni Basu <kaustuv () MPA-Garching ! MPG ! DE>
Date:       2003-04-23 14:30:08

Hi all,

I'm a newcomer here, so I don't know whether this problem has already
been discussed before.  Recently I installed SuSE 8.1 Professional (KDE
3.0.3) on my Toshiba laptop, and was trying to configure it.  I wanted
my screen to be free of all icons, so I disabled the checkbox through
KDE Control Center -> Look & Feel -> Desktop -> Behavior -> (disable
icons).  But this prevents the background image to load properly when I
change the desktops.  To be precise, when I switch from one desktop to
another (I have 4), the background image created by using a specific
wallpaper for that desktop does not load.  Often this wallpaper image
lies hidden only UNDER an application window or the KDE toolbar at the
bottom, and this ruins the background completely after switching between
desktops several times.  However, this problem disappears like a charm
when I enable the icons back again onto my screen.

Perhaps somebody faced similar problem and knows how to fix it?

Kaustuv.