List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [suse-kde] KDE 3.1 on 8.1, yet again
From:       Kevin McLauchlan <kmclauchlan () chrysalis-its ! com>
Date:       2003-02-06 13:56:17

On Thursday 06 February 2003 03:59, Leendert Meyer wrote:

> > Synaptic returned:
> > "Error: sub-process /bin/rpm returned an
> > error code (5)"
>
> [...]
>
> > Synaptic came back with
> > "Error: sub-process /bin/rpm returned an
> > error code (31)"
>
> Uuhhm... You did run synaptic as root, did you?
> :-}

Yup.  Sometimes starting it from a terminal, using sux -
Once from a gnome session, logged in as root (yes,
I was getting desperate  :-)

Last night disappeared for other reasons, so I have not
had a chance to try recent suggestions. Tonight, I light
the fuse again, and duck for cover... again.

Cheers,

/kevin