List:       suse-domino
Subject:    Re: [suse-domino] domino-ldap+samba
From:       "Thomas Schweikle" <tschweikle () fiducia ! de>
Date:       2002-12-30 18:00:59

Hi!

> does anyone know how I do connect samba with
> domino as ldap server? with openladp it works
> fine but I want that samba uses the adressbook
> of domino.
>
> I'm using domino 5.0.11 and suse linux 8.1pro.

Domino has additions to use domino nab for UNIX authentication. You have
to make sure your users have set their internet-password and being given a
short name matching the one you wish to use to authenticate them from UNIX
with.

For samba you've to edit your ldap-shema documents including the necessary
fields for samba. But these are not filled in automatically creating a new
entry in the nab. You are completely left alone here. Lots of additions
have to be made to make it work with the standard nab. None of these are
supported by Lotus/IBM. Making it difficult to move to a new version of
domino/notes having made these changes.

If you only intend to use domino-ldap for authenticating users, just add
the necessary fields to the ldap-shema document and you are off. Maybe it
would be a good idea to create a user changeable document, allowing to
change these values. But it's again your tune. No predefined masks are
made (as to my knowledge).

--
Thomas