List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    [suse-autoinstall] Question on AutoYast and multiple nic cards on SLES9
From:       Jeff Christensen <jrlinux () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-10-13 17:40:33

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]

Hi,

I have a DL-380 that has four nic cards in it. I want to be able to setup
AutoYast so that it assigns one ip to eth1 and one to eth2, skipping eth0.
When I try to set this up I am assigning the mac address of the card as
follows:

<bootproto>dhcp</bootproto>
<device>eth‑ id‑ 00:10:18:0c:5e:db</device>

However, it still assigns a ip to eth0, and then one to eth1. I am using pxe
for installs and want to reserver the eth0 interface for the pxe network
boot.

This DL-380 has 2 nics built-in and then 2 nics that I have added to it,

Thank you for your suggestions and please let me know if you need more,

Jeff Christensen