List:       sun-managers
Subject:    NFS lockd between Solaris and Linux
From:       sajan s <s_sajan () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-04-30 5:42:24

Hi gurus,
I wanted to use linux as home for one of my user. (Redhat 6.2 kernel
2.2.14-6.1.1 ) I configured this and exxportd, did changes in NIS for
automount of home directory. This worked fine and user is able to log
into any Sun system. I am using Sol 2.5.1.

Now, he wants to use cadence tools like milkyway, where I landed into
trouble. When he invokes the tool after logging into a Sun system
(b'cos I have this tool in Solaris),  cadence tries to open  log file
in his home directory and also use lockd where it comes out with error
-
   lock service not responding on <host>
where host is the linux machine where user's home dir resides.

Why is this happening? I am getting this error when user is having home
in linux. Is this a problem with linux or cadence or Solaris?

If any of you have come across this kind of problem, please help me.

Thanks in Advance

Sajan