List:       sun-managers
Subject:    / filling up on 2.6 E3000
From:       "Carlson, Dylan" <dcarlson () alldata ! com>
Date:       1999-03-30 18:20:00

We recently upgraded from 2.5.1 to 2.6 (Maintenance Update 2, Y2K fixes).
We are having constant problems with / filling up.   /var is on the root
partition, but I've checked the obvious things that might cause it to fill
(messages, logs, etc).

In addition, df seems to be going out to lunch, saying that it cannot find
mount points for anything that is a local mount.  (e.g., df -k . gets a "df:
Could not find mount point for .")  This is a relatively new thing.

I have not seen this condition on other servers that we have done upgrades
on.  Just happens that this server is one of our most critical.   Any
suggestions are really appreciated.

Thanks
Dylan Carlson
Senior Systems Administrator
ALLDATA
916.684.5200 ext 3255, fax: 916.684.5225