List:       sun-managers
Subject:    Patching a 2.6 install image on a 2.7 system?
From:       Sean Korten <kortens () verdi ! iisd ! sra ! com>
Date:       1999-03-30 17:16:58

Hello fellow Sun Managers.

Would anyone happen to know a way to patch a Solaris 2.6 install image
existing on a Solais 7 system?

I have tried using:

/usr/sbin/patchadd -C $IMAGE_PATH $PATCH_PATH

But I receive the message "This system must be running Solaris 2.6 in
order to install a patch to a Net Install Image."

Does anyone have a work around?

I will summarize.
Thanks,
Sean Korten

--
Sean Korten					UNIX Systems Administrator
sean_korten@sra.com				SRA International

	      Why can't I use grep at the record store?