List:       sun-managers
Subject:    Displaying/Changing kernel parameters under Solaris 2.5.1
From:       "Ernie Bisson, MIT Bates Linear Accelerator" <BISSON () AESIR ! MIT ! EDU>
Date:       1997-12-30 17:40:52

I need to increase the amount of shared memory a process is allowed to use.
The Solaris FAQ says to add a line like the following to /etc/system.

    set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax = <value>

Does <value> represent the # of bytes like my Digital Unix systems?

Is there a way to increase for a particular user or can I only do it
on a system-wide basis?

Is there a tool that will show me parameter settings for the kernel modules
that are loaded?

How can I show the amount of physical memory on my system from Solaris?

Thanks for any help.
Ernie

Ernie Bisson
M.I.T. Bates Linear Accelerator