List:       sun-managers
Subject:    recommended conf for running proxy
From:       Umit Dericioglu <umit () ksu ! edu ! sa>
Date:       1997-12-31 0:39:20

Hello Managers,

We'll soon be directly connected to Internet and be running
Netscape Proxy server for the all Internet traffic. We have
a network of a little over 1000 IP hosts ( a big campus network
with nearly 3000 users ). Since we don't have past Internet
experience, my question is what configuration of a Sun computer
is recommended, in terms of RAM, CPU and disk size ( for web caching).

Any hint will be appreciated.

umit