List:       sun-managers
Subject:    getting an IPC to recog. a CDROM drive
From:       "Jason L. Harrell" <jason () jsa ! com>
Date:       1997-11-28 8:51:03

(deep breath)

I have an old IPC machine and a Classic which I am using to practice
doing custom JumpStarts.  Prior to this, I had a cd attached to the IPC
and was able to mount it just fine-hell I even had it shared!  At any
rate, I decided to move the IPC and the Classic to another location for
more space. After the move, I plugged everything back up and to my
surprise the IPC no longer recognized the cd. I did an init 0 to get
back to the PROM level and did a probe-scsi (Note: I have PROM v. 2.4)
and the only thing that it recognized was the root disk. So I, did a
boot -r and I got an error saying that it was unable to communicate with
target 6 or something like that.  Next, I did a boot cdrom and I got
timeout errors.  Basically, no matter what I did or do I cannot get that
IPC to recognize the CDROM drive!!!  #$%&@!  Can anyone tell me what I
can try.  I *KNOW* the IPC is a piece of crap I'm but unfortunately it's
what I have to work with.  I'm pretty desperate at this point.  Can help
me out?

TIA

Jason