List:       sun-managers
Subject:    Persistent routes for Non-Global zones
From:       "Miller, Kevin R" <kevin.r.miller () lmco ! com>
Date:       2009-10-29 19:42:37

My system is configured with a global zone as well as 2 Non-global shared-ip zones.  \
The problem that I am having is that when I use the route -p add to add a persistent \
route the only persistent routes that are added after a reboot are the routes via the \
global zone interfaces.  Any route via a virtual interface in one of the Non-global \
zones does not get re-added after a reboot.  I verified that the \
/etc/inet/static-routes contains all the routes.  Next I looked at the \
/var/svc/log/network-routing-setup:default.log file which stated that the routes via \
the Non-global zone interfaces couldn't be added because "Network is unreachable".    \
I attempted to perform a "svcadm restart network/routing-setup" which successfully \
added all of the missing routes. I have come to the conclusion that the routes \
weren't added on the initial boot because when the network/routing-setup SMF script \
ran the zones were not booted yet.  Once the system was up and the zones were up I \
was able to run the svcadm command to force the routes to be added.

Can someone tell me a way around this?  How can I make the persistent routes get \
added correctly?

Kevin