List:       subversion-users
Subject:    Subverison repository logon failure
From:       Ethan Oldale <ethanoldale () hotmail ! co ! nz>
Date:       2011-07-31 23:59:45

Hi=2C

I have three machines connected on a local network=2C one of which has debi=
an and subverion/ssh/apache2/websvn installed=2C
and the other two have windows and tortoise svn installed. One of the clien=
ts works fine=2C however after a few successfull logons=2C the other comput=
er
cannot logon=2C reporting a bad username or password=2C even though they ha=
ve not been changed.
I tried removing tortoise svn=2C and all of its appdata and entries in the =
registry=2C and installing it again=2C but it says the same thing=2C withou=
t even
asking for a password (even after clearing authentication data). This is ve=
ry frustrating=2C I even intalled silk-subversion=2C but it produces the sa=
me logon failure messages.
After searching for solutions=2C I found where subversion stores its saved =
passwords (C:/Users/<user>/AppData/Roaming/Subversion/auth/svn.simple etc)
but they were empty.

Any help on how to get tortoise svn or silk-subversion to ask for a passwor=
d=2C or reset its stored password
would be much appreciated

Ethan
 		 	   		  =