List:       subversion-users
Subject:    Re: Worst Error Message?
From:       Les Mikesell <lesmikesell () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-07-31 20:50:52

On 7/31/11 3:24 PM, Jeremy Pereira wrote:

> Telling somebody that they only have read access to a repository is not giving them \
> a hint about how to work around it.  "403 forbidden" is not telling somebody that \
> they only have read access to a repository (or part of a repository).  It's telling \
> them that a web server somewhere doesn't like them.  "What a web server?  I thought \
> I was using subversion" says the user.

It is telling them that the administrator of the repository configured it so the
login they are using does not have permission to commit there.  What more do you
need to know?  If it is accidental you have to contact the administrator to
correct it.  If it is intentional, you have to contact the administrator to get
your login authorized.  If you are the administrator you know what you have to do.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell@gmail.com