List:       subversion-dev
Subject:    Re: Problems with the subversion download page
From:       Daniel Shahaf <d.s () daniel ! shahaf ! name>
Date:       2021-02-17 18:24:45

Nathan Hartman wrote on Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 22:00:24 -0500:
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 7:31 PM Nathan Hartman <hartman.nathan@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 5:55 PM Mark Phippard <markphip@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I see 11 counting the two Apache hosts and two ftp hosts. I am not sure
> > how it works though and I assume you already tried Refreshing the page etc.
> >

> > I'm seeing the same thing as Craig.
> >
> > This issue doesn't stem from our repository; it has to do with
> > whatever is executing the CGI in (download.html redirected to)
> > download.cgi on Infra's end.
> >
> > I'll ask Infra to look into it...
>

> Infra says the mirror system isn't IPv6 aware.
>
> It looks like there isn't anything we (Subversion) can do on our end.

And just to be clear: The issue isn't specific to Subversion.  All
${pmc}.apache.org download pages rely on a single centralized implementation
(maintained by Infra) to determine mirrors.

I suppose there may be an optional query argument one can pass to select
a specific country, but that's a question to Infra, not to us.

Cheers,

Daniel