List:       subversion-dev
Subject:    Re: Source Code Build Errors?
From:       Daniel Shahaf <d.s () daniel ! shahaf ! name>
Date:       2021-02-17 18:21:06

Alan Fry wrote on Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 20:16:34 -0500:
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 7:32 PM Alan Fry <ttlx0100@gmail.com> wrote:
> > FAIL:  commit_tests.py 48: set revision props during remote property edit
> > FAIL:  prop_tests.py 1: write/read props in wc only (ps, pl, pdel, pe)
> > FAIL:  prop_tests.py 16: property operations on a URL
> > FAIL:  update_tests.py 38: update --accept automatic conflict resolution
>
> I was missing a link that patched up 'python' to python3.

Right, I see the problem.  Those four tests are exactly those that
invoke use_editor(), and that function sets $SVN_MERGE and $SVN_EDITOR
to a  «#!/usr/bin/env python » script.

That's a bug, actually.  The test suite shouldn't use whichever 'python'
binary happens to lie in $PATH, but the one specified by sys.executable.

> Seems I have a successful build:

Congrats ☺