List:       struts-user
Subject:    Re: Problems with Opera, Struts and Session Management?
From:       Michael McGrady <mike () michaelmcgrady ! com>
Date:       2004-05-29 2:11:54

This is an excellent suggestion.  I tried hard coding the value that
layout1.layout should be giving and everything worked.  I also tried
testing to see if layout1 was null, and it was.  Since layout1.layout is a
value I want to use throughout the session, always, and is a value that is
only used in the session, it seems that the session is the proper place to
put this value.  I am setting the value of the default layout in
application scope with a plugin.  Then, I am putting that value into a
session Layout when people come on board.  They can then choose their own
layout later, or their "host" can have prefigured the Layout for them.  The
same site has multiple hosts with their own "guests".

Michael