List:       struts-user
Subject:    Struts + displaytag = delay
From:       Andy Engle <struts () andyengle ! com>
Date:       2004-01-30 16:40:14

Hi all,

I am using displaytag in a Struts app that I am working with, and so
far it seems to be all good, except when I incorporate pagination into
one of my actions.  I have an ArrayList of objects that I am getting
from the database, which I am placing in session scope when I get the
list built.  From there, I am eventually sending that back to the JSP,
which uses the displaytag to show the results.  For the first three
pages I load (of maybe five pages of results), it seems to work well,
but then when I click on pages after the second or third click, it
seems that there is a delay of maybe 10 seconds in getting the
subsequent pages of results to load.  It seems like this should be
pretty quick, right?  After all, my data is already loaded, it's set as
a session value, and I shouldn't have to go back to the database and
pickup all the data again.

I am using Tomcat 5.0.14 with Oracle 8.1.7.  Any help provided would of
course be very much appreciated.

Have a great day.

Andy