List:       struts-user
Subject:    Are DynaForms dynamic?
From:       "Guillermo Meyer" <gmeyer () sib ! interbanking ! com ! ar>
Date:       2004-01-30 15:58:46

Why DynaForms attributes have to be declared in struts-config file?
Doesn't it inivalidates the "Dynamic" feature of the form? Maybe I'm
misunderstanding the concept of dynamism of this. If so, Can anyone
explain?

I would like to have a "really" dynamic form so I could reuse it in many
actions that have different form attributes without the need of
declaring it for each action.
Form attributes should be determined in runtime and not be declared in
struts-config file.
We created a DynamicForm for our project (we started in 2001 and use
Struts 1.0) but I didn't find this in Struts1.1. We use DynamicForms and
have a single form declaration in Struts-config and all actions use this
form. And the form can be in session because it's one only form and no
problem with session usage.
Is there any extension to use DynaForms without the need of declaring
attributes?

Thanks in advance.
Guillermo.