List:       struts-user
Subject:    RE : [OT] IntelliJ sale
From:       "Christophe Vigouroux" <christophe.vigouroux () ecilia ! fr>
Date:       2002-12-31 16:44:49

Hi, I'm a very satisfied user of Eclipse! I understand you don't feel it
intuitive to you, but I think it's worth the try.

It has great refactoring capabilities (especially with the last release),
and great coding helpers like autocompletion of variables, classes and
methods (displaying the corresponding javadoc, very useful when you don't
want to browse to know what this f***g function does :) ).

One of its strength is to build automatically the sources every time you
save same. It offers a syntax highlighter (just like in word) to tell where
you made a mistake.

Some other features I find useful :
- generate getters and setters (really useful for Form beans!!)
- override (or implement) methods that take the prototype of the overridden
or implemented method
- and so on !

And last but not least, it's coded in java with swt, so it runs just
smoothly with Windows.

Christophe VIGOUROUX