List:       struts-dev
Subject:    Re: Struts-faces
From:       Craig McClanahan <craigmcc () apache ! org>
Date:       2004-07-06 6:17:00

Matthias Wessendorf wrote:

>Michael,
>

>>I looked and maven is pulling servlet 2.2.  I would assume
>>that faces is using that same servlet.jar.  I just rebuilt
>>faces against 2.3 and the problems seem to have gone away.  I
>>haven't tried 2.4, but it seems that it should work fine
>>there.  It is my guess after trying to build struts-faces in
>>eclipse using servlet 2.2 that the problem is with 2.2 not
>>being supported.  (And it shouldn't be right?) Michael
>>

>yes in 2.4 the interface for httpServletRequest
>has new methods. so i thinks it is better
>to compile this lib against 2.3 and struts
>against 2.2 ?

That sounds right.  I'll be setting up my nightly build to do that.

>jsf requires 2.3
>
>however, after building struts-faces successful
>whats against using myfaces directly in struts-faces?
>
>now the user must load all jars form sun for using
>struts-faces integration-lib

In principle, this makes perfect sense.  It'll be easy if you've split
the MyFaces jars into api and impl classes (like the RI does), because
then it's just a matter of setting up your own build.properties file and
defining "jsf-api.jar" and "jsf-impl.jar" appropriately.

I'll look into seeing if that actually works, once I've caught up and
made sure that struts-faces works with the current version of the RI
(the code I'm most familiar with).  But that has to wait until I do
penance for being offline for a couple of months, by taking a whack at
our failing cookie-related Cactus tests :-).

>cheers,
>matthias

Craig