List:       ssl-users
Subject:    [ssl-users] Cretificate Format
From:       Hani <15s166 () ccis ! ksu ! edu ! sa>
Date:       1999-02-15 9:01:20

Hi,

i am trying to implement an SSL Client from scratch. So i setup the server
with Microdoft IIS. The problem raise when i get the Certificate message
from the Server, It does not match X.509. my server  has Microsoft IIS,
Key Manager for generating keys, Microsoft Certificate server for
generating root certificate. Also Netscape does not recognize the
certificate generated by my Certificate Server but IE does.

So get certificate from Versigin and install it. but also the format does
not match X.509 format. but netscape does recognize it.

please can any one explain to me what its the format of thses certificat
and why it does not match X.509 format.

thanks in advance for every body help me because this is my graduate
project in computer science College.

Sorry for the long message.

Hani,