List:       ssl-users
Subject:    [ssl-users] Newbie question
From:       "Haripriya S" <SHARIPRIYA () novell ! com>
Date:       1999-02-05 10:58:00

Hi,
Iam new to SSL and have the following question
on usage of SSL certificates and keys.

Suppose I have an application with a client piece and
a server piece, and have to communicate data securely
across these two pieces. My requirement is to authenticate
the client and server (I only need to authenticate the hosts
that they come from, because I trust certain hosts and dont
trust others) and also to send encrypted data after the initial authentication is \
over. My question is, is it possible to have certificates generated per host for \
this? That is, given a  certificate can I say that it belongs to a host rather than \
to a  service? Also, will SSLeay allow me to store the secret key
in an unexcrypted form which can be directly consumed by
my client and server pieces (say, in a file readable only
by root user)?

Thanks a lot
Haripriya