List:       ssic-linux-users
Subject:    [SSI-users] Re: openSSI webView 0.1 released!
From:       Kilian CAVALOTTI <kilian.cavalotti () stix ! polytechnique ! fr>
Date:       2004-10-29 14:55:12

On Friday 29 October 2004 16:38, you wrote:
> What you do consider a "System Process"?

A system process is a process whom uid is < 1000.
Typically, you should be able to migrate all processes in the list, with the
"Hide system processes" case checked.
Perhaps this restriction is not totally needed, but I considered that
allowing to migrate all processes from a web interface could induce
security problems.

> I started some bash shells, that I can migrate from the system console
> but webView gives the error: You can't migrate system processes.
>
> I tried bash as a user and root.

What's the uid of the user you tried to migrate processes ?

> Thanks, and nice application.

Thanks,
Best regards,

--
Kilian CAVALOTTI                               Ingénieur Systèmes & Réseaux
Laboratoire STIX                                        École Polytechnique