List:       ssic-linux-devel
Subject:    [SSI-devel] SuSE: chkconfig problem
From:       Bharata B Rao <bharata-b.rao () hp ! com>
Date:       2005-04-29 6:51:44

In FC2, we run chkconfig --add for all services as part of initscripts
rpm post installation. This is to generate rc.nodeinfo file.

But in SuSE, adds are not dummy. That's because _all_ rc scripts, have
'Default-Start' field which invariably lists some runlevels in which the
service runs. While in FC2, most rc scripts by default are not supposed
to run in any runlevels. So when we do --add, it doesn't really turn on
the service on FC2. But in SuSE doing --add for the services would
enable most services in the system and it's a mess to have so many
services enabled in a system.

So I was thinking of having a separate option for chkconfig like --
build-nodeinfo which shall be run for all the services from post
installation script of aaa_base. And that should just populate the
rc.nodeinfo file.

Any suggestions ?

Regards,
Bharata.