List:       sqwebmail
Subject:    Re: [sqwebmail] Short emails
From:       Brian Candler <B.Candler () pobox ! com>
Date:       2003-10-23 9:19:48

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 09:55:32AM +0200, Bjorn Jensen wrote:

>    I have noticed that our sqwebmail installation refuses logon for any
>    short email addresses, e.g. [1]xxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx will fail, but one
>    more x and it will login successfully, is this a known bug or
>    something ?

Using my powers of extra-sensory perception, I am guessing that you are
using vpopmail with sqwebmail, right?

This is a well-known and long-standing bug in libvpopmail. See
http://faq.mydot.net/

Solution is to recompile with the latest beta or development vpopmail, or
else build courier --without-authdaemon