List:       sqwebmail
Subject:    [sqwebmail] NEW: logindomainlist patch (2nd revision)
From:       "Jesse Guardiani" <jesse () wingnet ! net>
Date:       2003-02-27 7:43:07

Greetings list,

Submitted in this email, for your testing, is the second incarnation of my \
logindomainlist patch. As before, this patch is against sqwebmail-3.5.0.20030215. \
You'll need to download that version to apply the patch.

What's New?
-----------

1.) First and foremost, wildcarding is now supported in the first and second fields. \
Just remember to specify the '*' modifier in the third field. Here are some \
wildcarding examples:

*:mail.*:*
*.org:mail.*.com:*
mail.*:*:*

The above are all valid. Whatever matches the asterisk in the second field gets \
inserted where the asterisk is in the first field. Otherwise, this functionality is \
similar to using the '@' modifier. A hidden field is generated, along with a text \
display of the domain to the right of the userid field.

2.) You can now specify a domain as an 'explicit non-default domain' with the '-' \
modifier. This means that if you wish to exclude a domain that would normally \
included by a wildcard record, but you DON'T want this record to set a default domain \
(for system accounts and such), just put a '-' in the modifier field.

Example:

domain2.com:mail.domain2.com:-
*:mail.*:*

In the above example, mail.domain2.com would normally become a default domain of \
domain2.com because of the wildcard record below it. However, since we've inserted a \
'-' modifier, it now becomes an 'explicit non-default domain'. No hidden fields, no \
drop downs, no text. Just a login field.

3.) In my previous logindomainlist patch, the drop down list would appear even if no \
records matched HTTP_HOST or SERVER_ADDR. The very existance of the logindomainlist \
file triggered the drop down.

This is now fixed. If a match isn't found, a default isn't displayed. Period.

Testing
-------

Honestly, I've tested this patch pretty thoroughly. It should be quite capable. \
However, as with any code (especially C), my debugging skills aren't perfect, and \
surprises sometimes happen. I'd like to see as many people as possible test this \
patch so that I can verify it's solidity.

Documentation will hopefully follow tommorrow.

Also, please note that this will probably be the last major release for this patch. I \
may release another patch with built in vpopmail IP-alias support in the future, but \
until then, this is it!

Happy testing!

And good luck!

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,

We are actively looking for companies that do a lot of long
distance faxing and want to cut their long distance bill by
up to 50%.  Contact sales@onerateamerica.com for more info.