List:       sqwebmail
Subject:    [sqwebmail] Customize sqwebmail templates
From:       Marcio Merlone <mm () surf ! com ! br>
Date:       2002-11-28 17:37:42

Dear Sqwebmailers,

I am tring to customize html templates, and my target now is to put folders list on a \
left-cell from a table on messages view. Well, my english is not that good, so follow \
a sketch:  :)

          ,'''''''''''''''''''''''''|
          |                         |
          |                         |
          |     Login screen        |
          |                         |
          |                         |
          |.........................P

          ,'''''''''''''''''''''''''|
          |                         |
          |                         |
          |     folders.html        |
          |  (click on INBOX)       |
          |                         |
          |.........................P

          ,''''|''''''''''''''''''''|
          |    |                    |
          |    |                    |
          | A  |  B   modified      |
          |    |     folder.html    |
          |    |                    |
          |....|....................P

where
   A = folders list from folders.html
   B = messages list from folder.html

I tried to build a frameset to get that (either messing with index.html or \
folders.html), but does not log-in at all. I tried to mix both codes (folders.html \
and folder.html , but it stops in the middle of nowhere when browsing and without any \
apparent logic! At least I could not figure out what the logic is. I noticed in html \
code that there are some tags cannot be removed, otherwise this behavior happens. But \
kept original tags when coping from one html to another and still does not work.

The point is, is there any kind of documentation about how to use those tags, as if I \
would build a whole new html template set? I don't know enough of C code to read it \
and guess how to do it. (OK, I am a lammer! :) Is there another template I could use \
or make a reverse engineering?

Thanks to David Brown who gave some idea, but could not get useful results. Thanks to \
anyone in advance.

Regards,

--
Marcio Merlone