List:       squirrelmail-users
Subject:    Re: [SM-USERS] Thread View problems
From:       Marco De Rossi <Marco.DeRossi () roma1 ! infn ! it>
Date:       2011-01-28 13:26:35

I checked our imap server and the output seems to be OK:

3 thread orderedsubject utf-8 since 20-jan-2000
* THREAD (1 (2)(3)(4))
3 OK THREAD completed

graphically:

         -- 1
            |-- 2
            |-- 3
            \-- 4

4 thread references utf-8 since 20-jan-2000
* THREAD ((1 2)(3 4))
4 OK THREAD completed

graphically:

         -- 1
            \-- 2

         -- 3
            \-- 4

With our squirrelmail, if I turn off in "Options - Display Preferences":
"Enable Thread Sort by References Header: No", squirrelmail output is:

         -- 1
            |-- 2
            |-- 3
            \-- 4

[* THREAD (1 (2)(3)(4))]

If I turn on in "Options - Display Preferences": "Enable Thread Sort by
References Header: Yes", squirrelmail output is:

         -- 1
            |-- 2
            \-- 3
                \-- 4

[* THREAD (1 (2)(3 4))]

With others MUA (like Thunderbird) view by thread is OK.
Therefore I think there's something wrong with our squirrelmail.

Marco De Rossi

--
Un anziano ha detto: "Quanto uno si sara' reso folle per il Signore,
altrettanto il Signore lo rendera' saggio."