List:       squirrelmail-stable
Subject:    Re: [SM-STABLE] virtual hosting
From:       "Jerry M. Howell II" <jmhowell () jmhowell ! com>
Date:       2003-03-07 20:31:54

Senthil Palaniappun  said:

> `
> Hello,
>
> U have to setup httpd.conf such that the multiple net addresses have the
> same document root.
>
> Eg:
> <VirtualHost (IP address)>
> ServerName mail.a.com
> DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/SQUIRRELMAIL"
> CustomLog /var/log/httpd/access_log_mail.a.com common
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost (IP address)>
> ServerName mail.b.com
> DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/SQUIRRELMAIL"
> CustomLog /var/log/httpd/access_log_mail.b.com common
> </VirtualHost>
>
> This way you would just need a single installation of SM. Then you could
> download the Virtual Host Login plugin at
> http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=47
>
> This helps to simplify the login format. Then you have to setup your
> imap and mail servers to run multiple virtual mail domains (this differs
> depending on the server you are using).

Thats not entirely true. I have over 75 clients. Each with thier own
document root and only 1 install of Squirrelmail. How do I acomplish this.

around the area you start specifying the user info like document root, etc
add a line similar to this

Alias /mta /usr/local/apache/htdocs/squirrelmail-1.2.11

this would allow any host on my server to reach squirrelmail simply by
typing http://virtualdomain/mta . Hope this makes sense. It works simmilar
to the
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /path/to/cgi-bin/ works. If it doesn't contact me
off list and I'll try and help.

--

Jerry M. Howell II