List:       squirrelmail-devel
Subject:    [SM-DEVEL] template contribution for 1.5.2(SVN)
From:       Florian Staudacher <florian_staudacher () yahoo ! de>
Date:       2011-08-08 20:14:12

Hello!

A short introduction of myself: My name is Florian, I am 21 years old
and I am studying Computer Science at the Vienna University of
Technology. I have been using SquirrelMail privately for my family for
quite some time now, and I recently came to the decision that I want to
contribute something publicly to my long-term mail reader.

I would just like to announce that I am currently working on a template
for SquirrelMail (1.5.2 SVN) that I plan to use for my own SquirrelMail
installation, and, if it reaches some acceptable level of maturity, I'd
like to release into the public.

Therefore I'd like to inquire the current state of the templating system
and if it's ok to build templates with it, or whether I should wait for
some more development to happen (I am asking because I read in the wiki
that there is currently work going on there).
Maybe someone could also give me some tips and hints how to approach
this in a way, that I will not waste my time and that other people can
benefit from my work.

For now, here is a screenshot of what I already have:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/squirrelmailblurred.png/
(I was heavily inspired by the design of the Typo3 backend in the choice
of my palette, and the icons used are from the KDE/Oxygen project. It
uses some CSS3 selectors and pseudo-classes because I haven't modified
much of the html yet. But I think I could write simpler CSS if I played
around with the HTML...)

If someone is interested, I can also email you a tarball of my theme.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Florian