List:       sqlite-users
Subject:    [sqlite] OT: Sqliteman and its future
From:       Petr =?utf-8?q?Van=C4=9Bk?= <petr () scribus ! info>
Date:       2010-01-05 8:02:35

hi all,

I'm contacting you just because I have a special proposal (read: call for
help) with Sqliteman tool.

What is Sqliteman

Sqliteman is a developer's and/or admin's GUI tool for Sqlite3 available as
opensource/gpl2. It contains the most complete feature set of all tools
available - regarding TOra (Toad, etc.) working style (SQL based). Its
homepage can be found at:

http://sqliteman.com

What's wrong with this tool?

It's true it evolved into really valuable piece of software with good adoption
of users. But unfortunately there is only one (me) active developer. And
situation has been changed last year:

- I don't work with sqlite3 databases now. And I'm a little bit burn out of
working on something what is not so useful for me.
- I have totally different time frame for coding just because my family status
have been changed too.
- I don't have access to any MS Windows machine, so the Windows native builds
cannot be done by me.

There are some new features available only in SVN (extensions support, Mac OS
X native build, bug fixes, editor improvements, etc.) but I cannot force
myself to do a release - see points above.

Conclusion

I'm looking for somebody who can help me to keep this tool alive to avoid lost
of months of work and quite huge user base. Coders and packagers wanted. I
think Sqliteman is not complex SW so any development can be started quickly,
maybe as e.g. student's project (part of programming course/class) etc. I can
provide any help.

all the best, and looking forward any feedback
Petr Vanek