List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: Bayesian filter error?
From:       Joolee <info () joolee ! nl>
Date:       2014-10-29 10:51:09

The Bayes system scores messages based on the occurence of tokens (pieces
of text) that appear in the E-mail. The signature you mention seems to
contain tokens that are very commonly used in spam. Best solution would be
to rewrite the signature to not contain those tokens. I don't know how you
can identify exactly which tokens are being matched but you indicate that
it probably is a domain name in the signature. If that domain name shows up
so much in Spam, I think you're looking at a symptom of a much bigger
problem.

On 29 October 2014 11:38, Marco Tironi / 8volante Srl <tironi@8volante.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for your fast reply. Now I understand the big mistake: Bayesian
> filter is server specific and not "public" so it's not globally manteined.
> Every server have its own indexes so there is no fast solution to solve it
> globally.
>
> I can allow that signrature for my server, but others server continue to
> mark them as spam.
>
> Marco

[Attachment #3 (text/html)]

The Bayes system scores messages based on the occurence of tokens (pieces of text) \
that appear in the E-mail. The signature you mention seems to contain tokens that are \
very commonly used in spam. Best solution would be to rewrite the signature to not \
contain those tokens. I don&#39;t know how you can identify exactly which tokens are \
being matched but you indicate that it probably is a domain name in the signature. If \
that domain name shows up so much in Spam, I think you&#39;re looking at a symptom of \
October 2014 11:38, Marco Tironi / 8volante Srl <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a \
href="mailto:tironi@8volante.com" target="_blank">tironi@8volante.com</a>&gt;</span> \
wrote:<br><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px \
#ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Thanks for your fast reply. Now I understand the big \
mistake: Bayesian<br> filter is server specific and not &quot;public&quot; so \
it&#39;s not globally manteined.<br> Every server have its own indexes so there is no \
fast solution to solve it<br> globally.<br>
I can allow that signrature for my server, but others server continue to<br>
mark them as spam.<br>
Marco<br>
-----Messaggio originale-----<br>