List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: [sa] Re: Whitelists in SA
From:       Charles Gregory <cgregory () hwcn ! org>
Date:       2009-12-21 4:57:28

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009, jdow wrote:
> The downside is that this is not "confirmed ham" and "confirmed spam".

(nod) Exactly. And that is what is needed to do a masscheck...

> I wonder how much companies would pay for a part time SpamAssassin
> honcho who can be trusted (bonded?) and can write SARE-ish rules
> tailored to the company's email. Is there a job opportunity for somebody
> here? (And, yes, I do suspect the burnout time would be rather short.)

(smile) I've got my own custom rule file format (plus a script to convert
to standard SA rules format). This reduces the effort to add a new rule
pretty much down to a cut-n-paste operation. Must admit there are some
days when I do feel a bit burned out, but generally I am gratified to see
my new rules trigger on the remainder of a spam flood.... :)

As for trust, I never need to see the ham, just the spam, which has no
privacy issues (smile).

- C