List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    spamcop.net tactics
From:       Amos <a.goo0h () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-11-21 18:11:16

I must say I'm not particularly thrilled about the tactics employed by
SpamCop. At a university it is sometimes difficult to control every
single thing that everybody does on campus, unless of course perhaps
if this was a complete authoritarian state. We try hard to control and
minimize spamming events, but alas, sometimes they happen.

Just recently we discovered we've been tagged by spamcop. Since the
spamtrap is "secrete", there's no way to know what incident triggered
this event, which makes it pretty damn difficult to track it down to
try to deal with it. Furthermore, a site has only one chance to delist
their server. After that, it's a permanent block.

So, if we can't tell what source is a problem, only have one chance to
delist--EVER--seems to me we're pretty screwed. Lovely.

Amos