List:       solr-user
Subject:    RE: loading XML docbook files into solr
From:       Derek Werthmuller <dwerthmu () ctg ! albany ! edu>
Date:       2011-02-27 2:59:46

Thank you this clearifies a lot.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gora Mohanty [mailto:gora@mimirtech.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2011 11:49 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 9:10 PM, Derek Werthmuller <dwerthmu@ctg.albany.edu>
wrote:
> I've been working on this for a while an seem to hit a wall.  The
> error messages aren't complete enought to give guidance why importing
> a sample docbook document into solr is not working.
> I'm using the curl tool to post the xml file and receive a non error
> message but the document count doesn't increase and the *:* returns no
> results still.
[...]

Which curl tool? The post.sh included with Solr? You refer to a postfile.sh
below.

Unless I am missing something, it seems like you are trying to post a
standard XML file to Solr. You cannot do that. There are two ways to
proceed:
* Reformat the XML into Solr's format. See the .xml documents in
  the example/exampledocs directory of your Solr distribution, or see, e.g.,

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2006/08/09/solr-indexing-xml-with-lucene-andrest.ht
ml
* Write a DataImportHandler script with an XPathEntityProcessor. Please
  see http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler
> Load command results.
>
> $ ./postfile.sh
[...]

This is not the problem here, but the standard Solr post.sh takes filenames
to be posted as command-line arguments.

Regards,
Gora