List:       soap-user
Subject:    Re: namespace errors
From:       Brian Shields <bgshields () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-02-27 15:32:36

thanks scott. The DataHandler i am using contains an xml file, a way around using \
DataHandlers is to put the XML file into a string which can be done using JDOMs \
XMLOutputter. Regards,
Brian.

Scott Nichol <snicholnews@scottnichol.com> wrote:
You get the error because Sun's implementation does not know about the \
http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap namespace. Some SOAP implementations build in some \
knowledge of that namespace, but it is not widely supported.

The whole notion of passing an attachment as a parameter is not universally \
supported, either. Nor is the WSDL representation of a message with attachments \
(http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl#_Toc492291084).

My knowledge of Sun's support for attachments is incomplete. The SAAJ API is what I \
am familiar with. It is designed to allow you to create and examine SOAP messages \
that include attachments. Clients using SAAJ build and dissect messages at a \
low-level and use SOAPConnection for transport. I do not see any way to use JAX-RPC \
APIs, e.g. javax.xml.rpc.Call provides no access to attachments. As such, I doubt you \
can expect Sun's code to consume WSDL for a call with an attachment, even if the WSDL \
includes a MIME description and the attachment is not also a parameter.

So, with JWSDP, I think you are left to use SAAJ to interact with your service.

Scott Nichol

specific mail lists.